- "Celebrating 30 years in business, as the nations most experienced scanning professionals."
Experts in Long Range Scanning
Large structures, civil engineering projects, construction or landscape-related projects
Long-range scanning is a fast-growing field of technology that involves the 3D scanning of large structures (factories, power plants, processing facilities, warehouses), civil engineering projects (roads, bridges, tunnels), and other construction or landscape-related projects (mining sites, excavations, topographical mapping) where manual measurements are difficult or even impossible.
Long-range scanning also includes the scanning of other large objects, such as industrial equipment, marine vessels, and oil rigs.
Benefits of Long Range Scanning
Long-range scanning provides you with essential documentation and as-built data about finished structures as well as projects under construction. You can use the geospatial data obtained from long-range scanning to create computer models that allow you to:
- Inspect your work in progress, comparing the as-built data with your design plans to confirm that the current construction conforms to the original plans.
- Create blueprints, floor plans and piping models.
- View all areas of your structure from all angles. For example, you can create a computer model that allows you to enter and view any room in your building from any angle.
- Detect possible interferences and design or construction flaws before they become costly and time-consuming to correct.
- Reverse engineer machinery and other industrial components.
And much more. If you’re a civil or architectural engineer, mechanical engineer, construction manager or surveyor, it may be time to find out how NVision can help you stay competitive through their long-range scanning services.